Welcome to the online home of Common Sense Business, an online training resource for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
We have a team of authors and advisers who have had big business experience but now work with small businesses. They are experienced making what they know relevant and useful to smaller enterprises.
CSB is dedicated to improving SME business skills resulting in greater efficiency, profitability and longevity of SME’s. This contributes to the wellbeing of SME owners and the success of their businesses.
It will reduce SME failures and the personal negative impact of those failures.
CSB provides good quality business resources on a wide range of subjects prepared specifically for SMEs to upskill SME owners and their teams in a time efficient and easily accessible way.
Above all, our values are Empowerment, Knowledge, Security.
Why Learn With Us?
Common Sense Business squares this circle by capturing the knowledge of subject specialists who are experienced working with SMEs. Simply put sales courses are written by sales specialists, finance courses by finance specialists, cyber courses by cyber specialists and so on.
By capturing their knowledge a much bigger pool of people can access their experience without the expense or time commitment of one on one coaching or training.
Modules generally take around 30 minutes and so can be fitted around normal business demands and commitments. You can stop at any time and pick up where you left off. You can repeat a course without further charge – although your assessment will be overwritten if you take it again.
Small business people are often more interested in acquiring skills and less interested in formal qualifications. You do get a certificate! But seriously there is a time and place for formal qualifications and we will make recommendations where to go next if this is needed.
Affordable business support from one trusted point
- Improve business effectiveness
- Fill skills gaps – affordable learning from experts
- Courses written specifically for small businesses
- Learn at a time and place that suits you
Relevant Subjects – Written for you
- Business Planning
- Marketing including branding and social media platforms
- Sales techniques
- General Skills and so on
Our Latest Courses
Some of our most popular courses can be found below.
Modules generally take around 30 minutes and so can be fitted around normal business demands and commitments.
You can stop at any time and pick up where you left off. You can repeat a course without further charge – although your assessment will be overwritten if you take it again.
Business Planning Programme
- The 8 modules of this business planning programme applied to your business will transform your business effectiveness and generate profitable sales growth.
Introduction to Selling
- A course to take the scary out of sales. You will be given a structured approach and key tips to help you feel more relaxed in a sales situation for your business.
Core Marketing Concepts
- You know you have to do marketing but you want to understand the context properly. Get a better business lead understanding of underlying marketing principles.
The Telephone for Business
- Unlock the power of the telephone and be more professional and effective relaying what you want to say, helping to increase profitability and ongoing success for your business.
Business Cyber Defence
- An introduction to the cyber defence maze to help you understand your priorities and the context you need to consider for your business and its overall security.